Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Premiere of Old Mary's Ride

G’day to you all!
The premiere is near to being sold out which is quite astounding to me. I honestly didn’t think that there would be so much interest in this film.
I am very heartened that the community, and indeed the wider community which includes folks from Adelaide, Melbourne, Bendigo and Kapunda, have shown their interest not only in our work, but also in our local stories. In a world where heritage and history appear to be being discarded for the sake of globalisation and multiculturalisation, our community have shown what these stories of our identity mean to them by voting with their feet.
How can I thank the community groups and individuals, and council groups and individuals enough for their assistance when we needed it and their verbal support and encouragement? And how can I thank my team ‘The Vanguard’ for their belief, their skills, their labour and support for this idea?
I can only say that it would not have been possible without you and to each one who contributed, great and small, I say thank you very much. What started as just an idea has manifested into something I hope you can be proud of.
Looking forward to seeing you all there: if you’ve got friends that want to be at the event, then give them a ‘hurry up’ as tickets are nearly all gone! Don’t forget to stay for a while after the screening to catch up with us around the foyer/bar area, and don’t forget to drag out some clothes of the 1930s period and dress up….it’s going to be great!
And finally, what is the next project for Brenton Manser and The Vanguard? Well we are brewing that up as I write but shall I tell you…….naaaah…..not yet!
Cheers everyone!

No comments: